Homework: Study for your quiz tomorrow (vocab, translations, reflections and rotations). Complete the problems on page 32. Page 33 is extra credit. If you need to practice additional problems rotating about a point that is NOT the origin, the answers to the problems on page 52 are below:
Today we reviewed vocab and took notes on translations. The next quiz will be Friday, 1/17 and will cover vocab, translations, reflections and rotations.
All: review vocab: www.quizlet.com/306512478
1st block: Homework: pages 9, 10 & 13
3rd block: Homework: pages 9, 10, 11 & 13
Below are the notes from class today:
Today we review the vocabulary in the Unit 1 packet, then took notes on translations.
Classwork: complete pages 9 & 10
Homework: complete pages 11 & 13
Study vocab: www.quizlet.com/306512478
Homework: Complete the problems on pages 16 & 17 in your Intro packet. Study for your quiz tomorrow. Review the following concepts:
- finding slope given a graph
- writing the equation of a line given the slope and y-intercept
- writing the equation of a line given the graph
- writing the equation of a line given the slope and a point on the line
- writing the equation of a line given 2 points on the line
- writing the equation parallel or perpendicular to a given line through a point
- finding the distance between 2 points (either given the 2 coordinates or a line segment on a graph)
- finding the midpoint between 2 points (either given the 2 coordinates or a line segment on a graph)
- finding one endpoint of a line segment given one endpoint and the midpoint
- finding the perimeter and area of rectangles and triangles on the coordinate plane
- finding a point that partitions a line segment into a given ratio
The answers to your homework:
page 15: Example 2: (0, 2) Example 3: (9, 0)
page 16: #1 (3, 5) #2 (3, 7)
page 17: #3 (2, 5) #4 (3, -1) #5 (-3, 1)
Monday, 1/6 - We took notes on pages 1 - 3 in the Intro packet, practiced and reviewed a few Algebra concepts: finding slope of a line, rewriting linear equations into slope-intercept form from standard form, parallel, perpendicular and intersecting lines.
Classwork/homework: pages 4 & 5 in your Intro packet.
Tuesday, 1/7 - We took notes on how to write the equation of a line given: 1) the slope and y-intercept, 2) the graph of the line 3) the slope of the line and a point on the line 4) two points on the line 5) parallel to a given line and through a point 6) perpendicular to a given line and through a point.
Homework: Complete the "Writing Equations of Lines" homework sheet.
Tuesday - Today in class we took notes on the distance formula on page 6 in the Intro packet. Homework is to complete page 8, problems #1 - 6 and page 9, problems #15 - 16. If you missed the notes, scroll down in my blog and watch/listen to the distance formula notes video posted on 11/11/2019.