Homework: Complete the odds on pages 44 - 49 in your Unit 5: Modeling packet. Today in class, we completed the notes on circles on pages 34 - 36 in your packet.
Today we learned:
- First, you need to know the center of a circle and then you need to know the radius of a circle. If you are not given those, you have to figure it out from the information given.
- When you know the center of a circle and a point on the circle, use the distance formula using these 2 points to find the radius.
- When you know the endpoints of a diameter of a circle, use the midpoint formula to find the center of the circle, then...
- Use the distance formula using the center (the point you just found) and one of the endpoints of the diameter (it doesn't matter which one) to find the radius
- Complete the square for x and y to change the equation of a circle from general form to standard form.
- Multiply the binomials with x and y to change the equation of a circle from standard form to general form.
- Verify if a point is on a circle.
Pictures of notes are below:
Page 34 - 36 notes: