Please study for your Unit 2A test. We will review the first part of class tomorrow and will then start the test. We will finish the test on Friday. The test will cover the following:
1) angle pairs created with parallel lines and a transversal (vertical, corresponding, alternate interior, alternate exterior, same side interior, same side exterior and linear pair). The first 4 angle pairs are congruent (equation set up: angle 1 = angle 2); the last 3 angle pairs are supplementary (equation set up: angle 1 + angle 2 = 180).
2) Triangle Sum Theorem: the 3 angles inside any triangle add up to 180 degrees
3) External Angle Theorem: the external angle is equal to the sum of the two non-adjacent interior angles (equation set up: external angle = angle 1 + angle 2)
4) Base Angle Theorem (Isosceles triangles): The angles opposite the 2 congruent sides are congruent. Also, the sides opposite the 2 congruent angles are congruent.
5) Triangle congruency: Identify if 2 triangles are congruent by one of the postulates: (SSS, SAS, HL, AAS, ASA). Remember to mark vertical angles and shared sided : )
6) 2-Column proofs: Some of the statements and some of the reasons will be filled in. You will have a word bank to fill in the missing parts.
7) Complementary and Supplementary angles: When the angles are algebraic expressions, set up the equation to solve for x and the angle measures. Complementary angles add up to 90 degrees. Supplementary angles add up to 180 degrees.
8) Constructions: be able to identify the construction given a completed picture; write the steps to perform a construction