Today in class we reviewed the homework on properties of parallelograms. We practiced proofs with parallelograms.
Properties of ALL parallelograms (rectangles, rhombi and squares are all parallelograms):
1) opposite sides are congruent (side1 = side2)
2) opposite angles are congruent (angle1 = angle2)
3) consecutive angles are supplementary (angle1 + angle2 = 180)
4) diagonals bisect each other (diagonals are split into 2 equal parts)
Additional property for rectangles & squares (all squares are rectangles):
1) diagonals are congruent
Additonal properties for rhombi & squares (all squares are rhombi):
1) diagonals are perpendicular
2) diagonals bisect the angles
Homework: Study for your quiz tomorrow. Complete the quiz review sheet (that is separate from your packet). Practice and review proofs.
Copies of today's notes: